Friday, June 3, 2011

Kale Chips

Another reason I love Baden's new school - organic fruits and vegetables from Dragon Organics!  We picked up our first order today.  How convenient, pick up your veggies while you're picking up your kid.

Our haul this week: lettuce, carrots, strawberries, kale, swiss chard, beets, broccoli and oranges.


I was so excited that as soon as we got home I searched for kale recipes.  Immediately I came up with several for kale chips.  I had to try it right away.


It looks like salad... but it is baked kale chips. I'm glad I took a picture because we devoured them.  

I will make this again (probably this weekend).  Next time I'll be more adventurous and try some other seasonings but this time I just used olive oil and Maldon sea salt.

Here's what I did:  Wash and dry kale.  Coat with olive oil and salt.  Bake in 350 degree oven for 15 minutes in a single layer.  I turned them at about 10 minutes.

(Almost) Guilt-free chips - I'm sold!

No comments:

Post a Comment