Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Week 6: Caponata

My week to pick - I decided to choose a recipe the old school way - from an actual cookbook on my bookshelf. I need to start using the cookbooks I own instead of looking for new recipes online.  Otherwise what's the point of owning so many cookbooks?

The downside of this method is that I can't post the recipe due to copyright infringement laws!  I chose Caponata from Art of the Slow Cooker by Andrew Schloss.  It was really good!  Eggplant, celery, green bell pepper, tomato... and a few surprise ingredients.  Anchovy paste! Capers and olives, yum.

I'll loan you the book if you want to make it.  Andrew-my-husband-not-Andrew-the-author gave me this cookbook for Christmas last year.  It is not your typical crock pot cookbook - lots of variety and some prep work compared to the usual open cans of stuff to make chili or stew.  But based on the few recipes I've tried, I'm excited to try more.  In fact the caponata was so good that I forgot to take a picture until dinner was over and the scarce leftovers were put away.  So here's all that was left:


No comments:

Post a Comment